How are you making sure you dog is safe and comfortable in these heat waves?
As we approach summer we are getting more and more beautiful sunny days, but how are you dealing with it?
Here's are 5 ways we deal with the heat here at #TEAMENVE
1. We can not recommend Easidri Cooling coats and matts enough - they are extremely easy to use and very convenient.
"Super absorbent, Easidri has a unique cell structure which slowly releases its moisture, cooling your dog for hours. The coat cools as water slowly evaporates, use in hot weather to keep your dog cool and comfortable. Re-usable and machine washable, supplied in a handy storage case always ready for use. It is tough and durable and resists tearing and shredding. Easy to fit with adjustable touch and close chest and stomach straps."
2. Frozen peas/veggies/fruit in your dogs water bowl can create a good mind game for your pooch, a healthy treat AND keeps the water cool for longer!
3. Paddling Pools - Might seem an obvious solution but a garden paddling pool can be your best friend in the summer. Providing lots of fun so everyone can enjoy the garden, including the dogs.
4. Making sure your dog goes into the shade often! Some dogs are complete heat seekers and will stay lying in the sun until it's too late. So making an effort to set a timer and popping your dog indoors or into the shade often throughout the day, can help them in keeping a safe temperature.
5. Our last tip is try not to go out in the car on really hot days - you never know when your air conditioning might pack in, or you'll get stuck in traffic for hours. It's far safer to leave your dog at home with some windows open, a fan running and a damp towel on the floor for them to escape to, even if it's just a trip to the shop!
We hope these 5 tips come in handy, but we'd also love to know yours!